The Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Advisory Committee will hold a public hearing and public meeting on September 17, 2020, 7 p.m. to receive comments and suggestions from local residents regarding:
- Review ongoing activities from 2018 and 2019 grants —
* ADA self evaluation and transition plan
* East Hadley Road multi-use path
* Pre-development funding for Valley CDC
* Amherst Survival Center Food Pantry
* Family Outreach of Amherst—Housing Stabilization
* The Literacy Project—Adult Education
* Center for New Americans—English classes
* Big Brothers Big Sisters—Youth Mentoring
- Community priorities for the 2021 application process for:
* Social services
* Non-social services such as housing and public infrastructure
* Target areas neighborhoods where non-social services can take place.
The Agenda for the public meeting that will follow the public hearing is as follows:
- Discuss and review comments from public hearing
- Discuss schedule and process for 2021 grant application
- Discuss possible re-allocation of 2020 funds re COVID
- Update on CDBG CARES Act funding
- Public Comment
- Other items not anticipated within 48 hours
The Public Hearing will be conducted virtually at https://amherstma.zoom.us/j/92555623638 and will accommodate public comment to the extent practical. To join the meeting via telephone: Call (312) 626-6799 or (646) 876-9923 and enter Webinar ID when prompted: 925 5562 3638. A hyperlink to the hearing will be posted on the Town’s online calendar as well.
The Massachusetts Department of Housing and Community Development (DHCD) has designated the Town of Amherst a Mini-Entitlement Community that is eligible to apply for Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) funds. CDBG funds support housing, community development projects, and social service activities benefiting low-and moderate-income citizens.