Town Clerk Sue Audette has issued the following FAQ concerning the November town elections.
All special election laws in response to Covid-19 allowing for early voting and no-excuse vote by mail expired on June 30, 2021.
Election 2021 FAQ’s
How can I vote in the November 2, 2021 Town Election?
- In person on election day at your polling location, or
- By absentee ballot (the deadline to apply is October 27th by 5 pm if requesting ballot be mailed, and 12:00 noon the day before the election if voting absentee in person at the Town Clerk’s office), or
- By early mail-in ballot, or
- By early voting in person.
What is the difference between mail-in ballots and absentee ballots?
- Mail-in ballots are allowed without an excuse in order to apply.
- Absentee ballots require eligibility in order to apply.
Will there be early voting?
- Yes, there will be early voting from October 25-29th at Town Hall. More information will be posted online closer to the election.
Will there be a preliminary election?
- No, per Town Charter, Section 10.7 (d), a preliminary election was allowed for the initial election of the Council only.
Will ranked choice voting be used for the 2021 town election?
- No, legislation is still pending allowing for the use of ranked choice voting for town elections.
What is the last day to register to vote?
- 20 days before the election, or October 13th by 8:00 pm.
Where can I access the Candidate Statements?
- Statements submitted from candidates will be posted here as they are received by the Town Clerk.
Questions? Contact the Town Clerk’s Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (413) 259-3035
Click here for a PDF of the Election 2021 FAQ’s