The Town of Amherst and the Amherst Municipal Affordable Housing Trust Fund have announced the availability of Round Two for short-term emergency rental assistance available for Amherst renters experiencing a loss or reduction of income due to COVID-19. Rental assistance is available for up to 3 months.
- Must be renters living in Amherst and be an eligible household
- Must have a documented loss or reduction of income due to COVID-19
- Households do not have to be currently behind in their rent or have a late notice.
- Household annual gross income may not exceed 80% Area Median Income.
- Assistance is available on a first come, first serve basis.
- Households living in subsidized housing are eligible for assistance, but only for rent in arrears.
- Households cannot be entirely comprised of full-time college students (some exceptions apply).
- Households must demonstrate a need for assistance. Households with sufficient income and/or savings to pay their monthly rent will not be eligible. Some savings is allowable.
For more information and to fill out a pre-application, please visit Community Action Pioneer Valley’s website at www.communityaction.us/amherstrentalassistance
Applicants will be contacted after completing the online pre-application to complete a full application and submit the required documentation.
For questions, or to obtain a paper application, please contact Community Action Pioneer Valley at 413-475-1570