I am inviting Amherst residents to join me in this new Sierra Club campaign: Million Pieces of Plastics!
Our Million Pieces of Plastics campaign is live, and we need your help! We should be able to walk around our neighborhoods and not see endless plastic litter. Starting now through Earth Day (April 23), we are asking you to help bring more people into the fight against the plastics crisis. Here’s how you can help:
- Get outside in your neighborhood, community, workplace, etc.
- Take a photo of any piece of plastic you see.
- Fill out this form to submit your photo to the collection. We will compile them into an interactive map to provide visual evidence of how plastic pollution is found everywhere across Massachusetts.
- Post on social media, encourage your friends and family to join in!
- Repeat! You can fill out this form multiple times throughout the week.
- Once folks upload their pictures, we will send them easy ways to start taking action on our campaigns, and invite them to become part of our statewide plastics reduction team!
I’d love a picture of all anti-plastics campaigners! We can meet and do selfies too!
Thanks so much! Please invite your friends, neighbors, we need all to stop plastic manufacturers; let me know any questions.
Laura MacLeod is a resident of District 5