Packed Schedule To Consider Zoning Changes
Source: Amherst Planning Department
This fall the Planning Board and the Town Council will hold numerous meetings to review and vote on a sweeping set of zoning changes, several of which have been rushed through committee with minimal study or public scrutiny. The schedule of upcoming discussions, hearings, and votes are summarized below, with notes about whether additional changes to the draft bylaw are anticipated. Zoom links for these meetings and hearings will be listed on the Town Calendar.
Accessory Dwelling Unit Bylaw – no additional changes. Town Council first reading on October 4, second reading and vote on October 18.
Mixed-use Bylaw – changes still being made.
- Planning Board (PB)–either new public hearing or discussion on October 20.
- Community Resources Committee (CRC) new public hearing on October 26.
Apartments Bylaw – changes being made, splitting off the change in permitting (R-VC from Special Permit to Site Plan Review and B-G from Site Plan Review to Special Permit) will move forward;
CRC new public hearing changes in site plan review vs. special permit on this November 9
Lifting 24 unit cap (keeping it in the BG zone but nowhere else?) still being worked on. Maybe linked to triplexes as a new use code.
No vote on this by Town Council until after Dec. 31, 2021.
Parking Bylaw – changes still being made.
- CRC new public hearing on Nov. 9
- PB, discussion or new public hearing on Nov. 3
- Town Council- first reading on December 6 and second reading and vote on December 20.
CVS Lot Rezoning – drawings now exist and Planning Dept working on a revised proposal.
- PB public hearing still open. On agenda for September 29, but no drawings yet. PB will continue Public Hearing to Oct 6.
- CRC — new public hearing on October 26.
- Town Council first reading mid-November–early-December, second read and vote on December 6 or 20.